We are told it is important to eat regular meals and snacks daily and that going for long periods of time without eating is unhealthy. But it turns out that fasting for part of a day, might actually have health benefits, help you lose weight and give your body enough time to digest, eliminate and recover. Experiment with what makes you feel optimal by either intermittent fasting for a couple of days a week (e.g. Monday and Tuesday), every other day, or even daily.
Why Intermittent fast?
Many people report:
- Increased mental focus (great for study or intense work),
- Improved fat loss
- Improved willpower
- A ‘settled’ feeling in your gut
Potential downsides to IF:
Doing too many IF days can slow down your metabolism over time, a moderate or balanced approach always works best. Consecutive IF fasting days may result in weaker exercise sessions, once again introduce more balance, shorter fasting hours or make sure you are getting enough calories whether you fast for a couple of days a week, every other day, or even daily.
The FitChef Intermittent Fasting Plans are designed to help you lose weight. This form of fasting is based on the principle of periods of limited energy intake rather than periods of no energy intake. Think of it as another tool in your health, weight management and performance toolbox.
In 21 days you can positively impact your body, energy, mental focus, skin tone, mood, physical health, gut health and weight*.
Why does FitChef food make all the difference?
- Firstly, ingredient choice is critical, we’re just more obsessed with real food ingredients than others (Please compare our ingredient labels, this wasn’t an easy achievement).
- Secondly, our food doesn’t have fake, refined and chemical additives (#EatClean).
- Thirdly, if you had good food you would eat it and we’ve made healthy food more convenient than junk by supplying packages and Recurring Orders.
All three our IF packages range over 3 weeks and is a 7 days/week plan. You will get soups, meals, smoothies & snacks in each package.
* See the phenomenal results from a Dietitian-managed group trial. (Before and after body measurements, weight and blood test). See the INFO detail in kits.
PACKAGE VARIATIONS FOR LIFESTYLE AND BUDGET
- Intermittent Fasting 1:1 - 1 Day fasting calories AND 1 Day #EatClean. This regime involves fasting days in an alternating one day on and one day off method.
- Intermittent Fasting 2:5 - 2 Fasting days and 5 #EatClean days This regimen involves energy restriction for 2 non-consecutive days a week (e.g. Mon, Wed or Tues, Thurs) and usual eating the other 5 days.
- Intermittent Fasting #WindowEating - 8-hour daily window eating plan. This regimen involves restricting daily eating to a specific 6-8hr window of time and fasting the remaining 16-18hrs in a day.