Pizza Kits 48-Hour Sourdough - Guilt-Free
Sourdough pizza is a great alternative to conventional pizza. Its lower phytate levels make it more nutritious and easier to digest. Sourdough pizza also seems less likely to spike your blood sugar levels, which makes it an option for those monitoring their blood sugar.
It is our belief that the best foods come from sourcing the very best ingredients and keeping things simple.
These hand-rolled Sourdough Pizza Bases are beautifully in line with this philosophy and fermented over a 48 hour period.
Your Pizza Instructions
Keep EVERYTHING FROZEN until its time to cook.
- Oven: Set oven to 200 deg C (Bake setting not grill). Use a tray lower in the oven (so you don’t burn the pizza with the top grill)
- Use a solid tray or preferably a pizza clay or pizza iron base tray that hold the heat (like the floor of the pizza oven)
- Frozen Chicken and Avo: Place into Microwave for 1 min 30 secs (Don’t heat, just defrost).
- Preparation: Open all packets (Cheese, bacon, veggie mix).
- Pineapple: Slice frozen pineapple into your favourite pizza size.
- Salt: Have some natural salt ready to pop the flavours.
- Frying pan: prepare and heat a frying pan and lid with olive oil (low-medium heat initially).
- Bacon: Fry the bacon from frozen (start with low heat until separated). Keep the lid on until the bacon has separated. Spread the bacon and crisp (remember it will still cook on the pizza so don’t overdo it).
- Mushroom, onion and pepper mix: For flavour fry the veggies in the bacon oil. Once again start with low heat, keep a lid on until the frozen veggies have separated (use a fork or spatula to help them separate). Don’t cook for too long this will cook on the pizza.
- Chicken and Avo: Don’t forget the avo and chicken in the microwave. Cut or tear the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Create your perfect pizza: Build pizza exactly the way you like it. Add all the ingredients, for instance
- Create a double cheese area
- Add fresh Tomato, chilli, etc
- Add a bit of salt to the raw pizza to pop the flavour.
- Avo: It's probably best to add dollops of avo after cooking. But this is your pizza so do as you do! Have fun.
- Pizza time: Cook for 7 to 10 mins. Make sure you are ready with cutting boards, sharp knives. Please note… A sourdough pizza has a tougher base, normal pizza cutters don’t always work (try a very sharp or serrated knife).
You can build your own pizza. Click here: https://orders.fitchef.co.za/customer/menu/pizza-aisle